SOUTH INDIAN APPE RECIPE INTRODUCTION:
Appe is very popular south Indian dish originated from Tamil nadu, Sri Lanka, kerala.
And now it has become one of the well known dish in India.
Appe is made by making fermented rice batter and urad dal in appe mould.
Appe is crispy from outside,and soft,spongy from inside.
This recipe is very healthy with high protein with a spoonful of oils, There isn’t more oils is used in this recipe even though it gives a very good flavor.
In Appe there is some ingredients which is added to enhance the taste of appe like finley chopped onion, cilantro, green chillies.
You can make it simple but adding the above mentioned ingredients gives a different taste.
This recipe is best served with coconut chutney with tarka/tempering of mustard, curry leaves and green chillies.
This recipe can be eaten as a breakfast or as a dinner, One can get full after eating this as a dinner also but if you want it as breakfast you can also have it.
You can also serve this recipe with any other chutney like green chutney which is made using green coriander leaves but I would suggest making coconut chutney rather then green chutney.
So let’s follow the recipe step by step and make a crispy and spongy Appe.
Also Read: Amazing Oreo Shake Recipe Try it Now !
- Urad dal 1 cup
- Rice 2 cup (Idli rice)
- Chana dal ½ cup
- Water for grinding
FOR MAKING COCONUT CHUTNEY AND TEMPERING:
- Oil 2 tablespoon
- White urad dal
- Mustard seed
- Curry leaves
- Green chillies
- Ginger garlic
- Roasted chana dal
- Finley chopped onion
- Green chillies
- Cilantro/green coriander leaves
- Wash all the Rice and urad dal, chana dal separately.
- Soak overnight and then grind it adding some water.
- Then keep it in a dark place in room temperature for fermentation.
FOR MAKING COCONUT CHUTNEY:
- Take a mixer grinder, Add coconut finely chopped or grated then add roasted chana dal (It is already roasted still add some oil like 1 tablespoon and add chana dal and roast them).
- Add green chillies, ginger garlic, coriander leaves, salt and water.
- Grind them properly then prepare for tempering.
- Add oil, mustard seed, curry leaves wait until you get a crackle noise of mustard seed, Add the tempering into chutney which is grinded.
FOR MAKING APPE:
- In the fermented Rice batter, Add finely chopped onion,green chillies, cilantro and salt.
- Take a appo pan, Add oils all over the pan also into each cavity (Do not add oil in greater quantity).
- Now in each cavity add the batter and cook in medium flame.
- Take a knife or spoon turn after 3-4 minutes.
- Cook both side until it becomes brown in color from bothside.
- Serve hot appe with coconut chutney
- while grinding the batter do not add very much water just to make it smooth in consistency.
- Do not add very much oil in the appe pan add very little oil in each cavity.
- Do not fill the cavity up to the line leaves small space so that it will be easy for turning it and it will swell when gets cooked so the space will get occupied.
- You can also add roasted chana dal in the batter.
- Onion and green chillies should be finely chopped.
- Appe can be made with Rava and many different ways but I have shared a south Indian style of making appe from fermented rice batter.
Hope you will like the Dish ☺️
If you want to buy toys and accessories please consider visiting this Website Wowbabytoys.com
We Hope You had a Tasty Day if you want recipe for any other dishes Please suggest Us in the comments We would be very happy to upload it for you ☺️