DHOKLA RECIPE INTRODUCTION :
Dhokla is the famous dish of Gujarati, It is a steamed snack made from gram flour and spices.
The recipe which I will be sharing help you to make soft, spongy, fluffy and delicious khaman dhokla.
Khaman dhokla is available everywhere whether it is a cafe, restaurant, street stalls and it is a light snack to have it anytime as a morning breakfast or afternoon snack.
Dhokla is not only restricted to Gujarati people but it has become popular in almost every religion.
The batter of dhokla is steamed to make a soft, fluffy dhoklas and it is topped with flavorful tempering ie. mustard, curry leaves, hing, green chillies.
This dish is very soft and can be eaten and liked by everyone, you can serve this dish to old age people also they will like to have it as it doesn’t require the pressure of teeth to eat it, plus it is a light snack.
You can serve khaman dhokla with green chutney or coconut chutney.
This is a simple and instant recipe to be made, In which gram flour, spices and fruit salt (Eno) and baking soda.
I am going to share my recipe, you can follow the same and can get a nice khaman dhokla which will hardly take 30-40 mins of preparation time.
Also Read: Aloo paratha | How to make Aloo paratha
- Gram flour (Besan)
- Semolina (Rava) 1 tablespoon
- Ginger garlic paste
- Curry leaves
- Curd (Optional)
- Turmeric powder
- Fruit salt (ENO)
- Baking soda
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Green chillies
- Take a container, Add Gram flour, semolina, ginger garlic paste, Turmeric, salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, lemon juice then add water and make a semi-thick batter.
- You can also add 2 tablespoons curd.
- Now mix tha batter properly, so that no lumps get formed.
- Now Add a Full pack of ENO into the batter and above the eno add some sort of water so that Eno gets activated and froths up.
- Now take a cake pan, grease it with oil, you can use container according to you see to it that it get properly steamed.
- Now, Add the half batter into that pan (Do not add very much butter as the dhokla is better after steaming swells up ).
- In a cooker or steamer whatever you have, Add the cake pan into that and close the lid properly.
- Cook for almost 20 min in moderately high temperature.
- After 20 mins dip a toothpick, if it comes out without any stains of it on the toothpick then it is done.
- Now start tempering dhokla.
- Take a pan, Add 2-3 Tablespoon oil, Add hing, green chillies, curry leaves, mustard, saute for a few minutes until the crackles noise takes place.
- Also, add 1 tablespoon sugar and add half a cup of water, bring it to boil nicely.
- You can also add 1 tablespoon sesame seed.
- After boiling close the heat Now add the tempering on top of the prepared dhokla.
- Cut the pieces.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Also Read: Best Samosa Recipe | How to Make Somasa
- The batter should not be very thick and it shouldn’t be watery also
- Adding very little water will make dhokla crumble and very much dense
- The amount of water added depends on the gram flour (Besan)so try to make it semi-thick not too thick not too thin
Hope you will like the Dish ☺️
If you want to buy toys and accessories please consider visiting this Website Wowbabytoys.com
We Hope You Had a Tasty Day if you want the recipe for any other dishes Please suggest Us in the comments We would be very happy to upload it for you ☺️