MISAL PAO RECIPE INTRODUCTION:
Misal pao is a popular dish in western India, There are several ways and variations to this spicy misal recipe in Maharastrian cuisine, but commonly it is prepared using moth beans and making and at the time of serving it is preferred to top them with mixed besan farsan with chopped onion and lemon wedges.
This spicy misal is served with pao or bread, This dish is unique because of its topping which is made with mixed chivda or sev or farsan.
This dish can be served as breakfast or as snack and it can also be extended for lunch and dinner, because eating this dish will make you fuller.
There are different way of preparing misal pao but in this recipe I have made mumbai style misal pao.
There are people who prepare missal curry with moth beans, but it can be replaced with moong beans, and the very good thing is you can use stored bought sprouted mung beans if you cannot find sprout moth beans.
I always like thin version of curry because we eat them with pao so it get easily absorbed and the taste is something absolutely delicious.
Nevertheless, You can also serve this curry with rotis or Rice there are many people who likes them.
From health point of you also it is very good, rich in proteins, if you are really health conscious then you can skip pao with whole wheat bread or you can have it with chapatis.
Follow my recipe to get very delicious misal pao recipe and definitely try my way of making it.
- Moth beans /matki (sprouts)
- Ginger 2inch
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Dry coconut/khopra ¼cup
- Cumin seed
- Few curry leaves
- Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Coriander powder
- Garam masala/goda masala
- Mix chivda/farsan
- Firstly, In pressure cooker take 2 cups mix sprout ie. Moth beans/matki.
- To make sprouts, soak moth beans overnight and tie in a cloth for a day.
- Cook until 2 Whistle.
- Now, In a pan, Add 2 tablespoon oil, then add chopped onions, tomatoes, ginger garlic, chopped or sliced dry coconut and roast them until it becomes brownish red.
- Then cool them in room temperature and blend using the blender.
- Now,In a large kadhai, heat 3-4 tablespoon oil, add mustard seed, cumin seed and few curry leaves.
- Then Add, ¼tablespoon turmeric, 1 tablespoon red chilli powder 1 tablespoon coriander powder and 1 tablespoons garam masala or goda masala.
- Saute them until it becomes aromatic(on low flame).
- Now add the masala paste which was prepared and saute well.
- Cook until the oil separates from masala.
- Add cooked matki and salt and mix them properly.
- Add water according to what consistency you need, I would suggest adding 4-5 cup water.
- Cover and cook them for 10-12 mins until it gets cooked completely.
- Once it gets cook you will be able to see oil floating this indicates that misal is ready.
- In a serving bowl, Add misal and topped farsan over it.
- Top finley chopped onion and coriander leaves.
- Add 2 pao and lemon wedges to complete the serving of misal pao.
- You can also add sprout which you like with matki or moth beans.
- The recipe which I have shared won’t be very much spicy, however if you like more spicy then add chillies accordingly.
- Always add farsan at the time of serving (Do not add before and keep them for longer period of time).
- Always add finely chopped onion and lemon wedges while serving as it enhance the taste and flavor.
Hope you will like the dish 😇
If you want to buy toys and accessories in India please consider visiting this Website Wowbabytoys.com
We Hope You had a Tasty Day if you want recipe for any other dishes Please suggest Us in the comments We would be very happy to upload it for you ☺️