SHEERA/RAVA HALWA INTRODUCTION:
Rava (semolina) halwa is also known as sheera or suji halwa.
It is traditional Indian pudding which is made with Ghee, Rava, sugar and dry fruits.
This recipe is very light and have a soft texture with amazing taste
Sheera is made almost same in every religions like the taste is similar irrespective to religion because everyone use the same ingredients however method would be more or less same.
Suji halwa is a very popular recipe in north India whereas the same in maharashtra known as sheera.
This recipe we usually make when we have crave for it and most preferably we make it on the day of pooja
And offer the God and then it is served as prasad to everyone.
Most commonly in ganesh chaturthi, Satyanarayan pooja, Navratri and many more, we make this recipe.
Most often, I make it at my home as a breakfast because it is a light recipe and also taste good and the very good point is that it takes very less time for making.
20-30 mins of time is invested to make this mouth watering recipe,so follow the below given recipe step by step and get a very tastiest sheera or Suji halwa in just 20 mins.
- Rava (Semolina) half cup
- fruits (Raisin, cashew, Almond, pistachio)
- Cardamom powder
- Yellow food colour (Optional)
SHEERA/RAVA HALWA RECIPE:
- Take a pan, Add 2 tablespoon ghee.
- Add the chopped dry fruits and roast in low flame until it becomes light red in colour.
- After it gets light red, remove out in a plate and keep aside.
- Now in the same pan add some more ghee like 3-4 Tablespoon.
- Then add Fine Rava (semolina)
- Roast for 6-7 min on low to medium flame
- After the rava gets lightish red in colour.
- Add water 1 cup and then sugar
saute properly in low flame.
- Rava or semolina will absorb the water once this is done Close the lid for 2 mins, so that rava gets cooked properly and swells.
- Lastly add the dry fruits, cardamom powder and 2 tablespoon ghee
You can also add yellow food colour, if you want your sheera to be lightish yellow in color but it is optional
- Serve hot Sheera with topped dry fruits
•Some people want sheera to be in specific color so for them it is recommended to add food color because the taste will be same but color will be of your choice and it looks good
•Dry fruits one can use according to what they want to add like in my home my brothers avoid eating raisin so I generally skip them.
•Don’t roast rava too much,roast until it gets light red in color.
•The water in the sheera should be absorbed properly otherwise it won’t taste good.
•Adding additional amount of ghee in last step will give a very nice flavor to Halwa.
•Always use Desi ghee to make sheera believe me it will give a very much good taste as compare to any other things like oil etc.
•Add sugar according to your taste like some people like to have sheera more sweet and there are people you like to have less sweet so as per your preference you can adjust it.
•You can also add milk instead of water to enhance the taste.
Hope you will like the Dish ☺️
If you want to buy toys and accessories please consider visiting this Website Wowbabytoys.com
We Hope You had a Tasty Day if you want recipe for any other dishes Please suggest Us in the comments We would be very happy to upload it for you ☺️